Parent Teacher Association
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a great way to get involved in the school community. The PTA provides a valuable link between families and the school, and its meetings are attended by the Principal, teachers, and members of the Board of Trustees as well as parents.
We would love you to get involved in the PTA: you can just turn up to one of our meetings, or contact the school office if you would like more information.
- The PTA meets once a month after school. Meetings are listed on the school calendar, in the newsletter, and on the community noticeboard.
- The chairperson of the PTA is Haifa Naffa.
The PTA works to make the school a better place by organising various fundraising and community activities during the school year. Some of our regular activities include:
- An annual Gala evening
- Pie sales
- Providing food at the annual pool party and school disco
- Garage sale
- School lunches
- Staff morning teas and catering for other events
The proceeds from fundraising are used to assist the school in the provision of additional classroom resources and improvements to the school environment. Recent projects supported by the PTA include
- Classroom resources for wet lunchtimes
- Contributions to Education Outside The Classroom activities
- The STRIVE pencils by the administration block
- The community noticeboard
- The treehouse
- A marquee for sports events
- New sports uniforms