School Uniform & Stationery
Parents of students in Te Kete Wakahuia can purchase a stationery pack from the office for $36 including a book bag. For students in other classes, stationery lists will be distributed during enrolment/at the start of the year.
2020 TKP Stationery List
2020 TKM Stationery List
2020 TKA Stationery List
2020 TKT Stationery List
Hokowhitu School is a uniform school. Uniform can be purchased from Academy Apparel, 82 Broadway Avenue. The current school uniform price list can be downloaded here.
Second-hand uniform items are available for sale at the school office.
- Please ensure all clothing items are clearly named so that lost items may be easily identified.
- No clothing is to be visible beneath the school shirt.
- Shoes: Students are required to wear school sensible shoes or sandals that are brown or black.
- Socks and tights: Socks and tights must be navy blue.
- Sunhats: It is compulsory for students to wear their uniform sunhat when outside during terms 1 and 4.
- Hair: For health and safety reasons, long hair needs to be tied up. Hair should be a natural colour and the style should be “non-threatening” to others.
- Jewellery, watches, earrings: For a number of reasons we do not permit children to wear jewellery at school, except for a watch, and studs if your child has pierced ears.
- Nail polish: We do not permit students to wear nail polish.
Lost items of uniform that cannot be immediately returned to their owner are collected and displayed in the storage room opposite Te Kete Pounamu.